Monday, November 15, 2010

Here are the Winners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The awesome banners were made by the amazing Zigster.  I just love her so much!   She created a theme for the banners. The image of the victrola was made by K. Zukowski.








Judges  1st place winner:  ‘River Man’     by vikinglover elle
River Man by Nick Drake,   Youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM

Author’s teaser- Sookie meets a strange man down by the river and she wonders if he's the River Man her brother tells her stories about. And he's not the man who lives in a van, down by the river. AU/OOC. Vampire Eric, telepathic Sookie.



Judges 2nd place winner:   ‘Crazy’              by Elbly
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley,  Youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

Author’s own teaser - In Eric's world things aren't quite what they seem. AU 




Virgin winner:  ‘I Will Love You’                               by EtheHunter
I Will Love You by Fisher,  Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzkwkgUF4E

Author’s teaser - A quiet melody in the night leads Eric to contemplate what Sookie means to him...and what that means for the future. Canon, Post-DITF




Public vote 1st place winner:   ‘Crazy’    by Elbly
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley,  Youtube link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

Author’s own teaser - In Eric's world things aren't quite what they seem. AU 



Public vote  2nd place winner:  ‘Bring Me to Life’                               by My Universe
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence,  Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM


Author’s teaser -   What if things went a little bit differently at Rhodes?  What if Quinn wasn’t all that he seemed to be?  What if Sookie decided to take matters into her own hands with Eric?  Written for the IWTS Contest. 


Northman Maille’s pick

As any of your judges will tell you, this was a tough job! I could have picked at least a dozen entries but knew I only had the luxury of one.

Before I put you out of your suspense and tell you who made my number one, can I please take this moment to thank everyone that entered a story, our judges, Zigster and Dazed Rose for their graphics help and the Sookieverse blog for advice on how to run a contest.

It is not as easy as it might appear! If our contest worked well it wasn’t really down to me, I just had the mad and silly ideas and my dear friend,  Anne (Northwoman) made them happen. Thank you, dear heart, for all your help.

Do you wish I would just hurry up and tell you? Hee hee.

I thought it would a good idea to choose my pick before we knew the eight finalists. That way I knew I wouldn’t be swayed into picking a story that didn’t make the cut, I would be tempted to spread as much joy as I could, because I know so many of you deserved recognition.

I loved ‘That Don’t Impress Me Much’ by Bathsheba Rocks, ‘Be My Downfall’ by Jan of Arc, ‘Abracadabra’ and ‘Love Game’ by Honeypop and ‘Seasons of Love’ by Moxiemo and ‘Fairytale of New York’ by Miral and ‘I Shot the Sheriff’ by Thyra10  ......

However,
My choice for the Northman Maille host’s pick is (drum roll) ‘Bring Me to Life’ by My Universe. I liked everything about it. Please see my review for the Fanfictastic Friday post at

Congratulations to all our winners!



Alison’s pick:  ‘Bring Me to Life’                                by My Universe
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence,  Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM


Author’s teaser -   What if things went a little bit differently at Rhodes?  What if Quinn wasn’t all that he seemed to be?  What if Sookie decided to take matters into her own hands with Eric?  Written for the IWTS Contest. 


Northwoman’s pick

As Allie said, picking is a tough job,  and our judges were amazing!  I had a VERY difficult time narrowing down to my favorites and then to only one.

I also want to thank everyone who helped us so much; the authors, the judges, the readers, and awesome graphics from DazedRose and Zigster.  I had help from many people who had previously hosted contests with information on hosting, and judging & scoring. I thank you all so much as it wouldn’t have been possible without you. 

Of course, it all started with an idea from my best buddy, Alison (Northman Maille) and nothing would have happened without her.

I couldn’t just announce my host pick without acknowledging all my favorite stories from the contest.  There were so many good ones that I enjoyed so much.

My top favorites from the entries:

From top 8:  River Man by vikinglover elle,  Bring Me to Life by My Universe, Abracadabra by Honeypop,  When I’m 64 by Thyra10,

And:  D-5 by BashebaRocks,  Grave Digger by Suaru-chan, Love Game 2 by Honeypop,  Love Shack by moxiemo, Mr. E’s Beautiful Blues by elbly,  Thinking Of You by makesmyheadspin,  Time by EtheHunter,  and Toes by Missus T.  

I decided I couldn’t pick from the top 8 as they already earned recognition.  So after much gut-wrenching and re-reading them all…  I chose … Love Shack by moxiemo.  


Anne’s pick:  ‘’Love Shack’  by moxiemo
Love Shack  by The B52s,  Youtube link:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM

Author’s teaser: This story begins the night after the end of Dead in the Family. Eric makes good on his promise for Tuesday night.


Thanks again to everyone!!  Congratulations to the winners and all the wonderful authors who participated.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners! The creativity everyone pulled out for this contest was totally awesome. High fives to all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very exciting! Thanks to the judges and everyone who voted. Thanks also to Zigster for the awesome banner. It's my first!! xoxo

    Elle

    ReplyDelete